Boston Show (Spoilers)

Discuss all topics relating to the 2009 Depeche Mode tour!

Boston Show (Spoilers)

Postby superk » Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:45 pm

So it sounds like there is another change to the setlist? I am starting this thread for Spoilers since there is already a word that there was no Waiting For the night to end the show :( can anyone share the setlist?
superk

Postby Crowley. » Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:50 pm

AkisamexAmaya wrote:In Chains, Wrong, Hole to Feed, Walking in my Shoes, It's No Good, Question of Time, Precious, Fly on the Windscreen, Little Soul, Home, Come Back, Policy of Truth, In Your Room, I Feel You, Enjoy the Silence, Never Let Me Down

Encore 1 - Stripped, Master & Servant, Strangelove
Encore 2 - Personal Jesus

Waiting for the Night was also on the setlist (second song of second encore), but I heard they were running late getting to the venue and such, so I guess it was scrapped.

so it's probably not a permanent change, then.
Crowley.

Postby superk » Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:52 pm

thanks for the explanation, damn that must have been a big shock to end it this way, setlist is now down to 20 songs...makes sense I guess they had to cut it short, what time did they get on stage?
superk

Postby Crowley. » Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:56 pm

A bit after nine, I can't tell you exactly but I know I checked the time and it was nine and they weren't on, but they went on not too long after that.
Crowley.

Postby housegirl » Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:59 pm

Of all songs to cut tho :(
see the stars they're shining bright, everything's alright tonight
housegirl

Postby Crowley. » Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:03 pm

I dunno, I wasn't really bothered by that. I love Violator tons, great album, but that song has never really worked for me. I think it's because of the lyrics, since I hate the night and that's when my thoughts come out and are nasty, so it's very personal and all, but yeah. I didn't mind having that one cut, I liked how it ended.
Crowley.

Postby housegirl » Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:06 pm

I would have been a bit sad because I love seeing Dave and Martin perform together. I love their interaction with one another.
see the stars they're shining bright, everything's alright tonight
housegirl

Postby superk » Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:09 pm

housegirl wrote:Of all songs to cut tho :(

If I was at that show I know I would have been extremely disappointed (look under my screen name, guess where it came from :)) that is one song that I love very much and the way they've been performing it on this tour even blows the previous live versions. It just seems they started great in Montreal with FT instead of peace then it for dropped down to 21 songs and now 20 due to the delay...
superk

Postby Crowley. » Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:34 pm

I guess I don't know what I missed. Probably a good thing if it was that good.
Crowley.

Postby superk » Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:38 pm

Crowley. wrote:I guess I don't know what I missed. Probably a good thing if it was that good.

I think you'd only enjoy if you like the song. They've been doing the bare version with both Martin and Dave singing it very well together, there are some great youtube clips of this from various shows so far.
superk

Next

Return to Tour Of The Universe 2009