Depeche Mode Tattoos

Discussion for Depeche Mode, and Depeche Mode related topics.

Depeche Mode Tattoos

Postby kellikins » Sun May 28, 2006 7:05 pm

I asked this over on livejournal in a DM journal but not many have responded yet, so I thought maybe I could get a lil bit more help over here.

I have recently decided I want to get a Depeche tattoo and have been thinkin a lot about getting something not so many people get (violator rose) and so I started to think of all the symbols DM has and I can not think of where this one I found is from.

It's the jagged heart. I feel like sucha fakie fan for not remembering what era its from. Any help or any other symbols not always used- and would be cute for a tattoo would rock.

thanks!!
kellikins

Postby emmadm101 » Sun May 28, 2006 7:19 pm

http://members.cox.net/missymiss/dmwingbats.gif

theres a few DM symbols here

Jagged heart, hmmmmm.......... I think you may be refering to one of the front covers of freelove(i belive), on the above symbols it looks like a jagged heart(bit of a guess though)(6th line down 3rd across)

Hope this helps

:D
"Come with me into the trees"-With you Dave,ANY DAY ;)
emmadm101

Location: I cannot be held responsible for my actions,In regards to ANY images of Dave circa 1986-1990(UK)

Postby JennDM » Sun May 28, 2006 8:01 pm

I always liked the old "flag" symbol, it's a small dm with aflag flying from the d over the m. I saw it on some of pics in one of the "best picture of dave" threads...
This crippled, crooked mess
JennDM

Postby emmadm101 » Sun May 28, 2006 8:09 pm

just floating around and came across this

taken from the mtv awards 2002, it has the jagged heart on the video screens

"Come with me into the trees"-With you Dave,ANY DAY ;)
emmadm101

Location: I cannot be held responsible for my actions,In regards to ANY images of Dave circa 1986-1990(UK)

Postby pimpf1973 » Sun May 28, 2006 8:36 pm

emmadm101 wrote:http://members.cox.net/missymiss/dmwingbats.gif

Jagged heart, hmmmmm.......... I think you may be refering to one of the front covers of freelove(i belive), on the above symbols it looks like a jagged heart(bit of a guess though)(6th line down 3rd across)

Hope this helps

Thanks for posting this, I was wanting a 3rd DM tattoo but wasn't sure what to get, this gives me some idea's
pimpf1973
DMMB Survivor

Postby kellikins » Mon May 29, 2006 12:06 am

Freelove! Ahhhh! I feel like such a loser for not knowing that! Thank you sooo much for all the help. I actually have that dingbat font installed on my computer. That pic is the one I saw that made me want the heart.
kellikins

dm heart

Postby dmgahan » Mon May 29, 2006 6:50 pm

Where is the symbol that has the dm where the m looks like a heart and the d is just an extension of the m circling around the first leg from? (Could anybody follow that? Because I could barely write it)
It looks really familiar, but I can't place it. It's the 5th row down, 3rd from the right.
Thanks!
dmgahan

Postby kellikins » Mon May 29, 2006 7:52 pm

emmadm101 wrote:http://members.cox.net/missymiss/dmwingbats.gif

Where can I get that font at? The ding bat one I have doesnt have half of those..including the heart one I wanted.
kellikins

Postby DressedInBlack » Mon May 29, 2006 8:04 pm

Ok who else feels wretched because they don't know where some of those are from?

I see the fleur de lis and just think of my dear Quebeckers.

I want lady bird. No one steal lady bird. She is mine!!!! I am getting her tattooed by the end of this year damn it!
DressedInBlack

Postby DressedInBlack » Mon May 29, 2006 8:05 pm

Also. 5th row. Third from the end. The heart curve thing.

What is that from? It is very very beautiful.
DressedInBlack

Next

Return to Depeche Mode Related