MEANING OF DAVE'S tattoos?

A forum for Dave's "Paper Monsters" project.

Postby DMgirlie » Tue Jul 29, 2003 2:06 pm

i really wanna know the meaning of Dave's tattoos, but particularly the one with the dagger, where there's a bunch of initals underneath, who's initals? THANKX
DMgirlie

Postby swankygroovegirl » Tue Jul 29, 2003 2:20 pm

I rememeber there was some fashion show on VH1 years ago and Dave was featured on it for a little tiny segment about the woman that designed his coat or something during the SOFAD era. The coat she made him matched that massive tat on his back. He was pointing out his tat's and explaing them. For the life of me I can't remember what the hell he said about them tho. All I remember was that the phone rang and he said it was his wife telling him to bring home cat food and milk. Strange the things I remember and don't!
swankygroovegirl

Postby DMgirlie » Tue Jul 29, 2003 2:27 pm

thankx, now i must get my hands on that vh1 video LOL. riteeeeeeee
DMgirlie

Postby swankygroovegirl » Tue Jul 29, 2003 3:42 pm

Do you want to know what's sick. I still have a copy of it. It might be worth it to dig through my closet to find it and relive it! I taped it on my uncut version of "In Your Room" video tape that I got through mail order when it was all the rage. Ahh..the memories of being a deep soulful teenager!
swankygroovegirl

Postby jendymode » Tue Jul 29, 2003 3:46 pm

i used to have that...then sadly it got taped over >.<
but i remember while talking about it dave said that he traded it with navarro for a tee shirt ....he was wearing it that day lol ...there are various articles where he does explain the meanings...just gotta search Image
jendymode

Postby radio1328 » Tue Jul 29, 2003 3:47 pm

Judging by everyone's misinformed interpretation of "I Need You," the initials with the dagger going through 'em are probably MLG. :P
radio1328

Postby jendymode » Tue Jul 29, 2003 3:49 pm

bad omid! Image
hey wasnt the initials his mothers? that i remember...it was a realllly old interview...id have to look for it..but i think thats what it was
jendymode

Postby thresholdfx » Tue Jul 29, 2003 3:54 pm

Wow... you guys must have not been through the Archives in a while... that video clip from VH1 with Dave explaining the back tattoo, is in the DM Archives... I love that clip, Dave's a nut! Image Image
thresholdfx

Postby swankygroovegirl » Tue Jul 29, 2003 4:04 pm

Yeah you beat me to it !! I just found the clip in the archives. Sadly,he just shows you the tat on his back..no explanation..I thought that he talked about them for some reason. The clip is funny anyway..its called Fashion Cafe..He's really hyper in it!!!
swankygroovegirl

Postby sg1fan99 » Tue Jul 29, 2003 9:46 pm

The tattoo with the dagger on hisleft arm...the one with the intials underneath has something to do with his second wife...I forget exactly what the intials stand for...I know it is mentioned in Malin's biography and I can't find the book...UGH
sg1fan99

Next

Return to Dave Gahan - Paper Monsters