Anton's projection videos for this tour

Discussion for Depeche Mode, and Depeche Mode related topics.

Anton's projection videos for this tour

Postby 2Future4U » Fri May 19, 2017 4:06 pm

AMAZING
a return to form
So Much Love
Cover Me
Walking In My Shoes
reminiscent of his older simpler work

even that weird bit for Enjoy The Silence is great
2Future4U

Re: Anton's projection videos for this tour

Postby Pilatos25 » Sat May 20, 2017 12:58 am

No they are not great. There is already a thread discussing this issue. You can chek it here:http://forums.depechemode.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=40082

Simple projections are better. These projections distract the audience from the important that is they performing live. I don't go to a concert to watch a videoclip in a big screen. Also some of them are awful in themselfs, like the Walking In My Shoes one, it doesn't feet at all with the tone of the song. Yeah I know the guy from the videoclip maybe is criticised because of his life or appearance but, I get that concept, but for me the projection for that song should be more sinister, dark, just like the original videoclip. That or projecting them performing live with some effects.
Pilatos25
ignoring the F.A.Q.

Postby sashmode » Sat May 20, 2017 10:13 am

Pilatos25 wrote:No they are not great. There is already a thread discussing this issue. You can chek it here:http://forums.depechemode.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=40082

Simple projections are better. These projections distract the audience from the important that is they performing live. I don't go to a concert to watch a videoclip in a big screen. Also some of them are awful in themselfs, like the Walking In My Shoes one, it doesn't feet at all with the tone of the song. Yeah I know the guy from the videoclip maybe is criticised because of his life or appearance but, I get that concept, but for me the projection for that song should be more sinister, dark, just like the original videoclip. That or projecting them performing live with some effects.

100% agree with you!!!!
sashmode
DMMB Survivor

Postby Ultrastate » Sun May 21, 2017 12:35 pm

2Future4U wrote:AMAZING
a return to form
So Much Love
Cover Me
Walking In My Shoes
reminiscent of his older simpler work

even that weird bit for Enjoy The Silence is great

Agree. I haven't seen the Enjoy The Silence vid yet, but really like the others. A nice nod to the spaceman in Devotional's NLMDA vid for Cover Me as well.
Ultrastate
DMMB Veteran

Return to Depeche Mode Related