Los Angeles events coming up!

Discuss the Global Spirit Tour here.

Moderators: Pelicanito, steventoo, Admin

Los Angeles events coming up!

Postby dawnschmawn » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:06 am

Eagerly awaiting the information on the event next week. I'm guessing I wasn't invited to the event tomorrow, but I'm really hoping to find a way in to the 4/26 event. :D I was waitlisted for Corden on Monday :(

Anyone have the inside scoop?
dawnschmawn
ignoring the F.A.Q.

Re: Los Angeles events coming up!

Postby johntherevelator » Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:39 pm

i didn't know they were going to be on Corden next week. thanks for the heads up!

i hope they perform something other than WTR. the buzz on that has really died off and i think it'd be better if they played something else. whatever the 2nd single is supposed to be, i hope they play that.
johntherevelator
DMMB Veteran

Postby SloGirl » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:34 pm

I'm totally freaking out, in the best of ways... I was #32 on the pre-sale deal... and I got an invite to Friday's "special" event! Whoo Hoo! I'm guessing it's a rehearsal visit for fans (at least 32 of us, huh?!) I was able to bring a plus 1, as well...

It seems similar to the NY event... meet up secretly... phones will be temporarily confiscated... 21+... I'm over the moon!!!

Sadly, I wasn't able to get my nails done in proper black polish (lacquer)...

Oh Well...

Will spill all when I get the chance!

Whoo Hoo!
SloGirl
sort of read the F.A.Q.

Postby sorin_dm » Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:28 am

Depeche Mode will perform a free show at an “intimate venue” in Hollywood on April 26 “as a special thank-you to fans.” Tickets are available on a first-come, first-serve basis at LA.depechemode.com.

http://variety.com/2017/music/news/depe ... 202391792/
sorin_dm

Postby alexcuse » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:11 am

How exciting! Hope to win.
alexcuse

Postby sorin_dm » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:20 am

We are excited to announce a record 4th Hollywood Bowl show Oct 18 & a special show in Hollywood on Apr 26! Details: la.depechemode.com

DEPECHE MODE ADDS HISTORIC FOURTH NIGHT AT THE HOLLYWOOD BOWL ON OCTOBER 18

Due to overwhelming demand, Depeche Mode will become the first band in history to add a fourth show at the legendary Hollywood Bowl, on Oct. 18th as part of their Global Spirit Tour. The band is scheduled to perform on Oct. 12, 14, 16 and 18, making this the first time a band has performed four consecutive shows at the Hollywood Bowl and marking a major milestone for the famed LA venue.

Tickets for the October 18th show will be available beginning Thursday, April 27 with a fan pre-sale from 10am local time until 10pm local time. General on-sale is set for Friday, April 28th at 10:00 am. For more information visit depechemode.com and livenation.com.

...AND A SPECIAL, INTIMATE SHOW IN HOLLYWOOD ON APRIL 26 TO SAY THANKS FOR HELPING MAKE HISTORY.
sorin_dm

Postby Julester » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:12 am

SloGirl wrote:I'm totally freaking out, in the best of ways... I was #32 on the pre-sale deal... and I got an invite to Friday's "special" event! Whoo Hoo! I'm guessing it's a rehearsal visit for fans (at least 32 of us, huh?!) I was able to bring a plus 1, as well...

It seems similar to the NY event... meet up secretly... phones will be temporarily confiscated... 21+... I'm over the moon!!!

Oh Well...

Whoo Hoo!

Wow! This is awesome, amazing, incredible! I'm so jealous. Please come back with all the details ASAP!
Julester
sort of read the F.A.Q.

Postby laceyalley80+ » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:03 am

SloGirl wrote:I'm totally freaking out, in the best of ways... I was #32 on the pre-sale deal... and I got an invite to Friday's "special" event! Whoo Hoo! I'm guessing it's a rehearsal visit for fans (at least 32 of us, huh?!) I was able to bring a plus 1, as well...

Oh Well...

Whoo Hoo!

So cool! I can't wait to hear about it!I wonder how many of these events they will have??
"If God has a master plan, That only he understands...I hope it's your eyes He's seeing through."
laceyalley80+
ignoring the F.A.Q.

Postby SloGirl » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:09 pm

Ok, here's my Fangirl review of today's Hollywood rehearsal!

It was as amazing as you could imagine!! We met at a corner in Hollywood and walked about three blocks to a practice studio. It was 90 today in LA, tho and the Black Swarm were a sweaty lot! Carshenah, today's Facebook Takeover fan was there and I got to chat with her - she's very cool!

They checked our id's and we deposited our phones as we entered. We also had to sign waivers so they could use our photos. SIR studio was sort of Art Nouveau styled with red velvet curtains and chairs... There was an open bar, too! They evidently were going to feed us... the salsa arrived but not the tacos! Que lastima!

We chatted with new Depeche Pals and kept thanking our lucky stars! I saw Jonathan Kessler and thanked him for the neat event! All the helpers were really nice, too!! Finally, it was time to go in!

We then entered a door leading to a dark hall with the boys on stage! They were already playing... We all made our way to the front of the stage - and maybe we were three rows deep! I stayed in the back, being tall and such (I'm 5'10'!) Martin was wearing a dark blue t-shirt and jeans. Dave had a black Tshirt and slacks... with his awesome red shoes! Fletch also had a dark blue t-shirt and his cool shades. Pete had a black t-shirt and Christian looked like he was wearing a vest. (That was your Depeche Fashion report!)(Is that a Fashion Fashion report?) HA!

There were maybe 50 people there... The band was so close... It was shocking and amazing!!!!! It was so unreal - we all were pretty starstruck! They sounded great, although Martin's mic was not as loud as I'd like it to be! The musicianship was incredible... It was fascinating watching Martin play guitar... and Dave was moving and groovin' too! I spotted Jez Webb and Kerry Hopgood doing their stage magic, too! :-)

It was funny... when Martin sang AQOL, the rest of the band were messing with Pete... tickling his ear and trying to make him laugh. They were like little boys being so silly... Fans were singing and oooohing and ohhing... lots of hand hearts and "World in My Eyes" hands... I was whoo hooing, like I do!

All the folks were sad when it was time to go... everyone was reaching out (trying to touch faith, most probably) I finally shoved my way to the front and got hand grab from Dave! I said thank you to Martin when he walked by and I got a nice smile and head nod! Fletch really comes across as the sweetest guy - he lingered the most by the stage... As we made our way out of the studio I touched one of those big, ole equipment cases and laughed at my luck!

My first DM concert!!!! :D

The set order is not exact...

Barrell of a Gun
In Your Room
World In My Eyes
A Pain That I'm used To
Corrupt
Poison Heart
Cover Me
Home (Full Band)
Question of Lust
Where's the Revolution

Hey Devotees... We are all in for a treat!!! <3
SloGirl
sort of read the F.A.Q.

Postby buckets of lube » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:32 pm

Awesome! Super happy for you.

Was A Question of Lust performed in the original arrangements, or was it stripped down with just Martin and Peter (as played on the Tour of the Universe)?
buckets of lube
DMMB Veteran

Next

Return to Global Spirit Tour