Those who got #1 for their city

Discuss the Global Spirit Tour here.

Moderators: Pelicanito, steventoo, Admin

Re: Those who got #1 for their city

Postby laceyalley80+ » Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:57 pm

djbob wrote:it is quite well known for almost all concerts sold by TM and LN you can get front row packages for $1,000 or so, and the next few rows for half of that, along with some goodies, souvenirs, appetizers before the show, etc...

knowing that, i totally did not understand the purpose of spending $2k in cd's to get to the first few positions in each city?

maybe first if you think attending the meet and greet is worth this? Even then, for having seen some of the meet and greets in the extras of the dvd's, we are talking fans lining up and the boys shaking their hand and say hi one by one, then leave. it is not like you get to hang out with them for any significant amount of time.

I felt pretty silly too and got mad several times at the process. I pretty much knew even by the slightest chance that I made it to #1 that I wouldn't be given a great deal of time to meet them. I'm ok with that. It has been a life long dream of mine, so even if its a smile and a handshake my dream will have come true :)
"If God has a master plan, That only he understands...I hope it's your eyes He's seeing through."
laceyalley80+
ignoring the F.A.Q.

Postby NewDressTN » Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:56 pm

I think it's pretty awesome. Looking way forward to hearing about it/seeing pics from people.
NewDressTN
sort of read the F.A.Q.

Postby kiltlover » Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:50 pm

laceyalley80+ wrote:
djbob wrote:it is quite well known for almost all concerts sold by TM and LN you can get front row packages for $1,000 or so, and the next few rows for half of that, along with some goodies, souvenirs, appetizers before the show, etc...

knowing that, i totally did not understand the purpose of spending $2k in cd's to get to the first few positions in each city?

maybe first if you think attending the meet and greet is worth this? Even then, for having seen some of the meet and greets in the extras of the dvd's, we are talking fans lining up and the boys shaking their hand and say hi one by one, then leave. it is not like you get to hang out with them for any significant amount of time.

I felt pretty silly too and got mad several times at the process. I pretty much knew even by the slightest chance that I made it to #1 that I wouldn't be given a great deal of time to meet them. I'm ok with that. It has been a life long dream of mine, so even if its a smile and a handshake my dream will have come true :)

Agreed. Good for you! Everyone's idea about what is acceptable in a 'meet and greet' and how much something is worth is subjective. I'll be looking from the outside waiting to hear all about it from you lucky ones! :)
As it happens, it happens here in this house...
kiltlover

Postby redliw_nala » Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:44 am

Made it to #1 for my city, and received a message 10 days ago from Strobe Labs that said "Information will be coming your way in the next few days about details about your exclusive meet and greet with the band."

Haven't heard a peep from them since, and they haven't responded to a couple of emails I've sent them asking for information. Anyone else getting nervous about this whole thing? I'll be so disappointed, after all the work that went into getting to #1, if the meet and greet doesn't happen.
redliw_nala

Postby D-MODE-ED » Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:11 am

laceyalley80+ wrote:
dawnschmawn wrote:"Eeeekkk I'm sorry!! I'm glad you got #1 in Austin though :D Not sure what put me to the top, but I'm sure buying 93 cd's helped :eek: I shared the maximum amount I could on FB and quite a few registered under my link."

OMG you bought 93 cd's???? :eek: That's is madness!!! I felt silly for buying four albums! :D
What on earth are you going to do with 93 cd's? Congrats for winnng, though!

Ha! I know! I'm going to give them to friends and family as presents. Maybe hand some out at the concert?? I've gotta keep a few to remind me of my psychotic break ;)

:eek: WOW!!! Have you received any of the CDs yet? or are you having to wait til next week?
D-MODE-ED

Postby laceyalley80+ » Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:51 am

D-MODE-ED wrote:
laceyalley80+ wrote:
dawnschmawn wrote:"Eeeekkk I'm sorry!! I'm glad you got #1 in Austin though :D Not sure what put me to the top, but I'm sure buying 93 cd's helped :eek: I shared the maximum amount I could on FB and quite a few registered under my link."

OMG you bought 93 cd's???? :eek: That's is madness!!! I felt silly for buying four albums! :D
What on earth are you going to do with 93 cd's? Congrats for winnng, though!

Ha! I know! I'm going to give them to friends and family as presents. Maybe hand some out at the concert?? I've gotta keep a few to remind me of my psychotic break ;)

:eek: WOW!!! Have you received any of the CDs yet? or are you having to wait til next week?

I have to wait until next week :( I've been listening to it on Spotify. I will have to take a pic with all of the cds. Haha :D
"If God has a master plan, That only he understands...I hope it's your eyes He's seeing through."
laceyalley80+
ignoring the F.A.Q.

Postby laceyalley80+ » Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:35 pm

So I got an email from Strobe today(my husband and I have been on their asses). They said..."Congrats on getting #1, Depeche Mode will be contacting those who qualified for the meet and greet in due time, don't worry.- Thank you for your patience and congrats again!"

Not sure about all of this. I know I spent a SHIT ton of money to get to this point so I don't want to be effed around :(
laceyalley80+
ignoring the F.A.Q.

Postby sashmode » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:11 pm

laceyalley80+ wrote:So I got an email from Strobe today(my husband and I have been on their asses). They said..."Congrats on getting #1, Depeche Mode will be contacting those who qualified for the meet and greet in due time, don't worry.- Thank you for your patience and congrats again!"

Not sure about all of this. I know I spent a SHIT ton of money to get to this point so I don't want to be effed around :(

I hope that the laminated "Thank You from DM" post card looks good on your fridge :D
sashmode
DMMB Survivor

Postby redliw_nala » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:46 pm

laceyalley80+ wrote:So I got an email from Strobe today(my husband and I have been on their asses). They said..."Congrats on getting #1, Depeche Mode will be contacting those who qualified for the meet and greet in due time, don't worry.- Thank you for your patience and congrats again!"

I still haven't heard anything. This is so frustrating.
redliw_nala

Postby tjmode » Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:56 pm

I really hope that they do the meet and greet for at least 20 on the list, a lot of people tried hard to be number 1, and i think as fans that would be a great reward.
tjmode

PreviousNext

Return to Global Spirit Tour