Final davegahan.com update - October 3rd, 2008

Discuss Dave's "Hourglass" solo project here.

Postby Gypsy Maria » Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:59 pm

Admin wrote:There's no need to post the same thing on two separate threads.

This is true. I wanted to share my enthusiasm about this song with as many people who were writing how they felt about it. Not everyone reads every thread and I was excited about how the music was opening up and uplifting my body and soul.:)
I will "balance" things out, as you suggest, and undoubtedly, connections will continue to be made about Dave's gift as an artist and its impact on people by posting a response on only one thread.
Just luvin' the music and supportin' it,
Peace:) ,
Maria
[B]ONE LOVE:)
[/B]
Gypsy Maria

Postby DolnaM » Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:11 pm

Admin wrote:MySpace is a dead site. Facebook is where you should be.

Perhaps... however all my friends, family and bands we support in PA here are on it. So can't be that dead after all...
Experiences have a lasting impression
DolnaM

Postby Ryan. » Sun Oct 05, 2008 2:50 am

Just bought the $10 download!
I Luciferi, resistance of one.http://www.nin-au.com/
Ryan.
DMMB Veteran

Postby starfire » Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:36 pm

Final update? As in Dave's not gonna do another solo work?
Just one caress from you, and I'm blessed.
starfire

Postby chengdu » Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:47 pm

starfire wrote:Final update? As in Dave's not gonna do another solo work?

Im pretty sure it meant final update here in the Hourglass forum and that it wasnt a statement about possible future Gahan projects.

Daniel
chengdu
DMMB Elder

Not really :(

Postby Duchess » Fri Jul 17, 2009 5:23 pm

I think Dave is very talented, but he should stick to singing. His music lacks the sophistication of the stuff Martin writes. Don't get me wrong, he's brilliant at putting his finishing touches to Martin's work. He is kind of like the shell of a sports car with Martin as sort of part of the engine. I guess that makes Fletch the part of the brakes and Alan was the part you shift into gear. I'm sorry if my analogy seems silly but that how I feel about Depeche. There were a perfect unit before they kind of broke down in 93'.

Ciao,

Duchess:o
Duchess
DMMB Veteran

Postby Duchess » Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:41 pm

Also, I guess the remaining unit to this sports car would be the fans. If I'm right it's the fans who are behind the wheel. They steer the band to where they are today.

Cheers,
Duchess
Duchess
DMMB Veteran

Postby Gypsy Maria » Sun Jul 19, 2009 12:11 pm

To each his or her own, right? I respect this.:) I would like to share that it is not always within easy reach to find music that stirs the soul in such a way that the core of the heart is touched, moved, unravelled, and inspired through deep connection, revelation, and growth.:cool: A lot of music just remains on the periphery and does not enter the most sacred parts of our being--and if anyone enjoys this--I am not judging. I am describing how I reveal "all" through everything I have written about Dave's, "Hourglass" CD, and how the songs do stir my soul in the manner in which I described and why, and the same goes for all my written expressions regarding, "Paper Monsters." I was fortunate enough to be at the live show in Toronto for the, "Paper Monsters", tour, and what I can relate is that my written support for, "Paper Monsters", speaks for itself and the impeccable quality of his music/lyrics as a solo artist is brilliantly reflected in his live performance on stage.:cool: To create with a band and to create as a single individual is different, but, it is the same as well because I have, once again, conveyed my appreciation for Dave's work with DM, or for DM as a band, in the Depeche Mode forum in a multiplicity of uplifted convictions. I love both Dave's solo work in addition to Martin's and the rare, raw, tender, mystical, sensual, passionate, and loving through universal energy music of DM.;) I wholeheartedly embrace, support, and look forward to any new updates concerning Dave's solo endeavours.
With eternal gratitude,
Maria
[B]ONE LOVE:)
[/B]
Gypsy Maria

Previous

Return to Hourglass forum