Quick Tips: (Updated March 21st, 2014)

Due to a shockingly high number of fake spam accounts flooding the new registrations, we have temporarily closed new registrations to the forum. We are working on a solution to block the spammers without having to block genuine registration requests.

PLEASE READ the "Quick Tips" thread on this forum before contacting the moderators or admin about any issues you might be having. You will find the Quick Tips answer a lot of questions (logging in, editing posts, et cetera). The web staff appreciate those who read before posting and emailing. Thank you!

Some important threads: Where did my account go? | Search Feature 101

A special note: If you are blatantly rude to people, don't be surprised when you are permanently banned. Be nice, or be gone.

Go Back   Depeche Mode Message Board > Depeche Mode > Depeche Mode Related

Depeche Mode Related Discussion for Depeche Mode, and Depeche Mode related topics.

Old 05-23-2013, 03:17 AM   #21
DMMB Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShockoZulu View Post
This is a great opener. It is similar to a door opening and and welcoming me into the rest of the album. And the door closes again on Goodbye. Just one reason I love this album. It has great bookends.

It does have good bookends. The beginning and ending songs really do open and close the album which is a good concept.
member is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 08:09 AM   #22
jonryanjones
Fan since '85

I was watching 'Skyfall' the other day and thought of 'Welcome To My World' when watching the titles for some reason, it just seems to fit. Tranquilizers, bleeding, souls...
DM - A Bond theme? Epic.
jonryanjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 10:06 AM   #23
violatore
DMMB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by little flower View Post
is a great opener and in the line that says:"the devil got dismayed" i read "the devil got his mate"
Ha! I also misunderstood it myself, but what I believed they were saying was "the devil got this made"
Old 05-25-2013, 10:02 AM   #24
dmagical
DMMB Member

One of the most beautiful songs Martin has ever written A great opener , also for the Show opening. Strong, exciting , wonderful...Hits you from the first listening
dmagical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 12:00 PM   #25
little flower
My little world

Quote:
Originally Posted by violatore View Post
Ha! I also misunderstood it myself, but what I believed they were saying was "the devil got this made"
Old 03-05-2014, 09:18 AM   #26
Feeling loved
One of the devout

Work of art! I was very much intrigued by the bassline, so much anticipation. Dave's vocals as beautiful as ever. Then sounds build up slowly, hypnotically climaxing at the chorus when Martin's vocals kick in. The lyrics are exquisite & live? I'll never forget feeling that bassline in my chest ever.
It still is the kind of song that I can't listen to while doing something else, everything else has to wait when this song is played.
Old 03-05-2014, 03:52 PM   #27
djvartan
DMMB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by uselessguy View Post
I loved on first listen, it is the best album opening song since World in my eyes, and the best show opening song since Higher love. The lyrics, the electronic arrangements, the build up & the "Massive Attackish" ending are epic. It is a direct telling of how great the album is...

Its a great opener but not on the same level as Higher Love. That was epic.
djvartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 05:14 PM   #28
jazz thieve
Stripped to the bone

The baselines are one of the best openers to a DM concert ever! Though Higher Love, the excerpt from Rush and Painkiller are still superior openers in my opinion.

The live version of WTMW actually made me appreciate the song much more as I initially wasn't a big fan of the song.
jazz thieve is offline   Reply With Quote