Quick Tips: (Updated March 21st, 2014)

Due to a shockingly high number of fake spam accounts flooding the new registrations, we have temporarily closed new registrations to the forum. We are working on a solution to block the spammers without having to block genuine registration requests.

PLEASE READ the "Quick Tips" thread on this forum before contacting the moderators or admin about any issues you might be having. You will find the Quick Tips answer a lot of questions (logging in, editing posts, et cetera). The web staff appreciate those who read before posting and emailing. Thank you!

Some important threads: Where did my account go? | Search Feature 101

A special note: If you are blatantly rude to people, don't be surprised when you are permanently banned. Be nice, or be gone.

Go Back   Depeche Mode Message Board > Depeche Mode > Not DM Related

Not DM Related Topics not related to Depeche Mode.

Old 04-17-2010, 04:20 PM   #1
swankygroovegirl

Default Depeche Mode clothing & accessory line

I did a few searches in the forum and couldn't find anything about this so my apologies if there is a thread somewhere already.

I'm just very curious...
I was in TJMaxx last night & found (and bought) all these wallets, ciggarettes cases and handbags from a company called "Depeche Mode."

Depeche Mode, NYC. Made in China.

What IS this company? I tried researching online, but the only information I can find on them are just the same items listed on ebay. Does anyone have a link (if one exists) to this company? The quality of the items are poor, but I HAD to buy them (you know you would too!) I just want to see what other items they have and exactly WHO and WHAT this company is.

PS: I really dig the fake credit card inside the wallets, "Depeche Mode Credit Card." It's really funny too because the font really does look like "Playing The Angel" font.

Monique
swankygroovegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 06:30 PM   #2
chillnatalie
Jeremiah 29:13

holy crap ive heard of this too!! Depeche mode new york, and I've always wondered... But yeah sorry I dont know anything...
Old 04-17-2010, 06:46 PM   #3
eternallove
Eternal Troublemaker

Well, Dave got the name off a magazine hahaha....Mode means "fashion" so I'm not surprised. [FONT=ARIAL][SIZE=2][COLOR=#000000]Fashion News or Fashion Update = Depeche Mode

But anyway, I think it's funny and cool...enjoy your Depeche Mode items. I'm going to TJ Max tomorrow haha.
[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
eternallove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 08:03 AM   #4
DolnaM
strange obsession

http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1G1-11907980.html
The company was founded in '86 in NY. It looks like a registered company, with the domain depechemodeco.com but the website is down. They may not even exist any more ...

Quote:
Depeche Mode, Inc. manufactures and sells women’s clothing in the United States. The company sells its products through its showroom in New York, as well as through department and specialty stores. Depeche Mode, Inc. was incorporated in 1986 and is based in New York, New York. It has a warehouse in South Kearny, New Jersey.
Old 06-24-2010, 03:31 PM   #5
fifteendisasters
Happiness is DM shaped!!

. i went vintage shopping a few days ago and i found a Depeche Mode new York wallet. Yay.
fifteendisasters is offline   Reply With Quote