Quick Tips: (Updated March 21st, 2014)

Due to a shockingly high number of fake spam accounts flooding the new registrations, we have temporarily closed new registrations to the forum. We are working on a solution to block the spammers without having to block genuine registration requests.

PLEASE READ the "Quick Tips" thread on this forum before contacting the moderators or admin about any issues you might be having. You will find the Quick Tips answer a lot of questions (logging in, editing posts, et cetera). The web staff appreciate those who read before posting and emailing. Thank you!

Some important threads: Where did my account go? | Search Feature 101

A special note: If you are blatantly rude to people, don't be surprised when you are permanently banned. Be nice, or be gone.

Go Back   Depeche Mode Message Board > Depeche Mode > Depeche Mode Related

Depeche Mode Related Discussion for Depeche Mode, and Depeche Mode related topics.

Old 05-19-2010, 01:43 PM   #311
DMNeo

Hey "nick" from "brownowlfilms",

its May 19th, which is your B-Day

Hope you have had a fantastic day ... enjoy the rest of this evening.

Thanks very much for the MODE Fan documentary !
Old 06-05-2010, 09:50 PM   #312
IFeeILoved
aka Caressia

I finally have seen this film. What can I say? If you haven't seen it, do it. It's fun. The whole audience was laughing almost non-stop. Because yes, the fans shown in the documentary were mostly freaks. Many of these fans connected DM to the brightest moments of their lives and stuck there forever, that's why it looks so pathetic. But fans who are interesting and not freaks at the same time exist! We need another film about them I guess.
Old 06-05-2010, 09:52 PM   #313
eternallove
Eternal Troublemaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by IFeeILoved View Post
Because yes, the fans shown in the documentary were mostly freaks. .
eternallove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 07:41 AM   #314
Midnight Poison
Banned

Having seen the movie but would like to. Any chances of it being released on DVD?
Or being played in cinemas again?
Midnight Poison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 08:32 AM   #315
mazzy
DMMB Survivor

Not seen it how can i get too?
Old 06-06-2010, 09:23 AM   #316
GRZEGORZ SZKRIBA
DMMB Member

Check this link.Last question is mine about DVD.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17Ok_tQF4po
GRZEGORZ SZKRIBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 01:44 AM   #317
IFeeILoved
aka Caressia

also, I now have a feeling that all depeche mode fans are severely suffering from poverty. everybody in this film is in lack of money: some can't buy black nail polish because it's too expensive, some sell pepsi in school to buy tourbooks, some sell their stereo to buy a concert ticket.
come on, many of fans now have a collection of more than 100 officially released cds and vinyls!!! +DVDs, box-sets, bootlegs, etc. etc. - that cost a fortune!!!, many of fans spend thousands to travel to see DM - we haven't seen a single story about it in this film.
if they wanted to show that DM fans are all poor and freaky, the definitely succeeded.
Old 06-07-2010, 01:54 AM   #318
BONES101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admin View Post
Worst. Documentary. Ever.

Sorry to the crew, but I cringe every time I see it. It paints DM fans as truly scary people. If people get to see this in a public forum, you will definitely take your DM stickers off of your car, and stop wearing DM t shirts. You won't want people thinking you are like the people in the doc.

(personal opinion)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA funnyest thing said in the history of the forum, now I havent seen the documentary yet so I cant "judge".. but I AM DYING TO SEE IT NOW.
From what i saw on a blog review, it looks like a girl i used to know from LA area, "elena" is in it dancing in front of the rose bowl... that makes this more interesting...
Old 06-07-2010, 02:06 AM   #319
IFeeILoved
aka Caressia

Quote:
Originally Posted by BONES101 View Post
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA funnyest thing said in the history of the forum, now I havent seen the documentary yet so I cant "judge".. but I AM DYING TO SEE IT NOW.
From what i saw on a blog review, it looks like a girl i used to know from LA area, "elena" is in it dancing in front of the rose bowl... that makes this more interesting...
you should listen to what BRAT said, believe me, he's right!!!!!!!
Old 06-07-2010, 03:42 PM   #320
BONES101

I know where he comes from and how bands look at "some fans" in particular. Ive toured with bands and many times there have been those fans who just plain creep/weird the hell out of the band/family and roadcrew... You cant help but look at those people from a distance and wonder what goes on in their head, when you do talk to them in person youve got to just keep it cool, theyre the kind of people who would snap at you for not getting them vip pass etc etc...

I did kind of get the shivers watching a grown ass man walk around in a kings outfit... (talkin about those euro ppl in the film trailer)
IF the rest of the film is more encounters like that, then this film will succeed in the lolz category if nothing more... please someone upload it to youtube..