Quick Tips: (Updated March 21st, 2014)

Due to a shockingly high number of fake spam accounts flooding the new registrations, we have temporarily closed new registrations to the forum. We are working on a solution to block the spammers without having to block genuine registration requests.

PLEASE READ the "Quick Tips" thread on this forum before contacting the moderators or admin about any issues you might be having. You will find the Quick Tips answer a lot of questions (logging in, editing posts, et cetera). The web staff appreciate those who read before posting and emailing. Thank you!

Some important threads: Where did my account go? | Search Feature 101

A special note: If you are blatantly rude to people, don't be surprised when you are permanently banned. Be nice, or be gone.

Go Back   Depeche Mode Message Board > Depeche Mode > Not DM Related

Not DM Related Topics not related to Depeche Mode.

Old 04-21-2012, 07:59 AM   #1
intermode
Never want to come down..

Default Patenbrigade Wolff

Anybody else into these guys. They're electro, from Berlin and use a lot of guest vocalists singing on their tunes. They have a fixation on all things to do with construction. Their latest album Baustoff and remix album Verbundstoff are nothing short of awesome...lyrics are mainly english as well as some german. I suggest you check them out. Don't really know what to class them as or who to compare them too...I find them fairly unique. Das Kraftfeld and Never Neverland are just two highlights from the new tracks ....
intermode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 11:34 PM   #2
intermode

http://youtu.be/8qIYMbwUEHk Never Neverland

http://youtu.be/4NJQSTDLYDE Fehler 404

http://youtu.be/kprQ2jRC8Uc Das Kraftfeld
Old 05-01-2012, 03:38 PM   #3
tex
DMMB Survivor

I own In Strict Confidence's "Where Sun And Moon Unite" EP CD, and Patenbrigade:Wolf does a remix of "Paradise Regained" for this EP. So, that's the only sort of introduction that I've had to the band. I'll need to check out these songs that you posted. I like their band name, and I really enjoy a lot of German electronic music. It is funny to hear that they have a fixation with things about construction.
tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 07:50 AM   #4
intermode

I like some of In Strict Confidences stuff, though they're very different from P-Wolff. Paradise Regained is a good track. The construction worker theme is sort of their Leitmotif or main theme if u like.They are a bit different from your typical german electro a'la Wolfsheim, Camouflage, And One or De/vision etc...more House / Dancey on their most recent work.
Old 05-30-2012, 07:48 AM   #5
intermode

All you supposed lovers of electronic music...at least have a listen and tell me what you think ....
Old 05-30-2012, 10:31 AM   #6
tex
DMMB Survivor

I listened to all three songs that you posted. The fan-made video for "Never Neverland" is very beautiful.

As far as their music is concerned, I agree with your statement that they're a bit different from the typical German electro bands. They're a bit too trancey or, as you said, house/dancey, for my taste. Also, I'm not a big fan of Andre Hartung. As you know, he sings on "Never Neverland" and "Das Kraftfeld." I remember reading some great things about Sero.Overdose, and without even listening to samples, I bought their "No Time For Silence" CD. I couldn't get in to it, because I really didn't care for Andre Hartung's vocals. However, I did enjoy Stefan Leukert's vocals for "Fehler 404." I've never heard of him before.

Also, I guess that neither guy in the band sings. It looks like that they use quite a few different guest vocalists for their albums.
Old 06-05-2012, 04:56 AM   #7
intermode

Glad you made the effort to listen, even if it's not exactly your cup of tea. I havn't heard any Sero Overdose...will search them out though...have been away for work lots lately, but will post some links of Patenbrigade Wolffs' tracks with female vocalists when I get onto a computer...using phone at the moment.
Old 06-05-2012, 01:47 PM   #8
tex
DMMB Survivor

You may like Sero.Overdose, especially with you liking the two songs that you posted in this thread.

Even though I'm not a huge fan of lead female evocals, I'll check the out the tracks with female vocals that you'll post. I'm more of a fan of female vocals for backing vocals or for duets. I think that And One does a great job of using female backing vocalists.

I saw that a former female vocalist, Nadine Stelzer, for In Strict Confidence sang a few songs for PW. So, it's interesting to see this PW/ISC connection going on.
Old 06-06-2012, 04:02 AM   #9
DMMB Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by intermode View Post

The music to Never Neverland is neat. I actually didn't like the vocals as much. I also like the video. Nice pictures!
member is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 08:50 PM   #10
intermode

I just saw that P-Wolff opened for Covenants Modern Ruin tour in Germany..so they are definitely getting more exposure to the electro crowd ...

The first track Fragrance is a track that doesn't sound like anything else they've done, but it reminds me of really classic mid-eighties almost naive type electro pop sounds and has grown on me a lot...

http://youtu.be/u0o96-L8sdE

http://youtu.be/WLNkjIMp6oc ( Live )

http://youtu.be/YhdAzdki3dc